Friday, October 9, 2009

My trip heading toward Nebraska.......Don't know where I am going to end up.

I drove to Pendelton, Oregon last night, dropped the truck off to get worked on and headed out toward Nebraska. I made it 6 miles to Walmart and Sammy and I stayed there. Got up and 7:30am and was going to make it a big driving day, but drove 36 miles pulled over and Sammy and I slept another 2 or 3 hours. Then I gave Sammy some Valium and he was great all day till now. If he doesn't quit barking he is going to get some more. We must have stopped at every rest area, to make a long story short, we have been on the road for 14 hours and we have only made it 400 miles. Not very good.
Connie left Oxford and is headed west and we are going to meet in Wyoming some where, but now she is snowed in, Sidney, Nebraska. As of right now I am in Idaho going south and the wind is really blowing, so Sammy and I are going to camp out tonight at a weigh station/rest area combination. It feels strange to be at a weigh station, because I have tried to avoid them at all cost for the last 36 years.

The eastern and western parts of Oregon are as different as night and day.

No comments: