Friday, February 26, 2010

Apache, Oklahoma

Wow, another good sale, I started having sales in Apache 32 or 33 years ago, it has always been pretty good.

  A guy showed up today just to say "Hi," that used to help me at the Sale Barn over 20 years ago.  They have a huge Rattle Snake roundup once a year.  They will catch over 8000 snakes from around this area.  They have a snake pit they put them in and then guys get in and walk around in the pit with snakes piled 2 foot high.  Here is a picture of the Snake Butcher Shop and the Snake Pit.  I went to Waynoka, Ok to their Snake Roundup ONCE... that was enough for me.  No More....  Arthur, Sammy and I are camping out tonight on main street in Apache right across from the Snake Pit.   There was a gentleman today that told me he used to bale hay,  but if your tractor ever breaks down, you stayed on it, he said there are so many snakes you can't walk out of  fields.

No comments: